Dental Crowns in Buckhead & Greater Atlanta
Preserving Your Teeth
When your tooth damage is too severe for general filling restorations, but not so urgent to the point of complete extraction, our expertise staff at Gallery 32 Dental Arts has viable options to help conserve as much of your natural tooth structure as possible. Our clinically approved and effective dental crown prosthetics ranging from full dental crowns, implant-supported crowns, and tooth modifications following TMJ treatments. Not only does this reinforcing device repair damage and injuries of the teeth, but it also aesthetically improves the appearance of your overall smile and in turn, your sense of confidence
Types of Crowns
A dental crown is a prosthetic device that encases a damaged tooth to restore its shape, functionality, and appearance. These permanent restorations cover the visible part of the natural tooth with a custom-made “cap” made out of metals, porcelain, ceramic, composite resins, and sometimes even a mixture of different materials combined.
Our office at Gallery 32 Dental is proud to offer :
- Full Crowns - For an all-encompassing covering of your damaged or unruly tooth, a full crown is utilized to wrap around the remainder of your chiseled and treated natural tooth. This 360-degree “cap” works like an artificial enamel to help protect the inner structure of your tooth and minimize any risk of tooth extraction or further health complications.
- Implant-Supported Crowns - The entire process of obtaining dental implants concludes with the manufacturing and placement of a dental crown. The implant performed by our exceptionally trained Dr. Allman functions as the foundational base for the crown to be placed atop the abutment. Our experienced professionals are able to execute both procedures with attentiveness and a cosmetic approach to ensure that the inorganic materials and devices seem organic and natural-appearing.
Catering the procedure to our patients’ personal dental needs, our proficient staff assesses the following factors such as:
- Physical location and functionality of the tooth
- Amount of tooth visible when smiling
- Position and condition of your gum tissues and gum line
- Evidence of teeth grinding or clenching to determine which material will be used
- For porcelain or cosmetic options, the color of neighboring teeth
When Is a Dental Crown Required?
A dental crown may be required for dental complications including:
- Weakened or cracked teeth - Crowns cover and protect a weak tooth, usually due to severe decay, from breaking apart, as well as preventing a cracked tooth from fracturing even further.
- Broken or worn down teeth - These dental devices restore teeth that have already become broken or worn down from bruxism (excessive grinding and clenching).
- Large or damaged fillings - Dental crowns aid with cases where there are large fillings with insufficient tooth structure to repair with regular dental fillings, in addition to replacing worn down, fractured, or ineffective tooth fillings.
- Following certain dental procedures - Crowns sometimes follow other dental treatments for restoration and additional reinforcement, such as covering a dental implant, holding dental bridges in position, restructuring teeth following Adapted Joint Stability treatment, and strengthening teeth that have undergone root canal therapy.
- Cosmetic modifications - These prosthetic devices are useful in cosmetic dentistry with enhancing the appearance of your smile, including tooth discoloration, misshapen teeth, and space gaps.
After receiving Adapted Joint Stability treatment for TMJ disorders, one major dental complication is the disruption of tooth pairings. If the disparity between a tooth and its opposing counterpart on the other tooth arc jeopardizes the comfort of the patient or increases the chance of future complications from developing,a dental crown is able to restructure one of the tooth’s structure and chewing surface in order to harmonize and work ideally with its pair on the other side.
Book a free consultation for dental crowns at our office by giving us a call at (404) 341-4434 today!
Nothing But the Best- Michael
I Even Sleep Better- Heather
Respect, Fairness & Friendship- Andrei
Great Chair Side Manner- Jack